Website usage terms and conditions
The term Community Buzz or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is [address]. Our company registration number is [company registration number and place of registration]. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Forum House rules
Welcome to the Community Buzz Forums, your area for discussion, gossip, news and things to share about the local community.
We aim to offer friendly, lively Forums where members can share opinions as well as knowledge and experiences. To keep things fun and fair for everyone, we ask you all to read - and expect you to abide by - the following rules.
Any additions to the site - including comments on news stories and blogs, as well as Forum posts - that breach these rules are subject to editing and/or deletion by the site's administrators. Members who break the rules will also receive a warning and/or be banned from the site.
1. Members must not post libellous, racist, aggressive or otherwise insulting or abusive remarks about any individual, company or organisation.
2. Members must not use swear words, or offensive phrases or terminology in their posts, user names or signatures.
3. Members must not post any pornographic or otherwise offensive images or text that could be distressing to any other member. This includes the picture chosen as your Avatar.
4. Posts must not include links to inappropriate material - which includes pornographic or offensive images or information, but also competitive sites.
5. Members must not submit information disclosed to them in confidence or post any material which compromises the security or privacy of anyone other than themselves.
6. Members must not promote illegal activities in any way, including linking to illegal material (this includes music, movie and TV downloads) in their posts.
7. Members must not post images or information owned by other third parties.
8. Members must not post or link to spam of any nature.
9. Pictures are not allowed in signatures, and please try to keep signatures as brief as possible. Lengthy lists of equipment and pictures can be posted in the 'Your system' section of the forums, with a link in the user's signature to the relevant post.
10. Manufacturers, retailers, service providers and their staff are required to identify themselves as such in their signature. ‘Trade’ members of the forum failing to meet these conditions will be removed, as will those the moderators suspect to be trade members posting under an alias.
11. The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind – this includes any information in signatures and biographies, and specifically prohibits trade users from linking within forum posts or their signature to their websites, special offers, etc.. Neither shall trade members use the forums to encourage members to contact them for special offers or advantageous pricing. Community Buzz offers a range of advertising opportunities that can be used to promote relevant products and services - click on Contact Us for more information.
12. Members should not register more than once, nor submit the same or similar posts to more than one area of the site. Duplicate registrations, threads or posts will be deleted. Members are also encouraged to search for the topic they intend to post before starting a new thread, as existing discussions may already exist for them to join.
13. Whilst we do not pre-screen submissions, members must not question the decision of the site's moderators to edit or remove posts or profiles, or begin a discussion in any forum about such actions. If you feel a post or profile has been unfairly altered or removed, please use the Contact Us page to register your views.
14. Members must be aged 16 or over to use the forum.
These rules are regularly reviewed, and may be updated at any time - please use the Contact Us page to notify us of any perceived breach of any of the above, or to suggest any additions or amendments.
This website and its content is copyright of Community Buzz - © Community Buzz 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.